Why would you do this to yourself?
I’m in a Facebook group that is exclusively about shaming so-called “awful recipes,” and nothing is off limits. We’ve discussed everything from pickle juice soda to meat-fruit to the home-destroying avocado toast. Because it’s the internet, the “disastrous” dishes are often subjected to heated debates and the occasional name-calling or rude comments. While we as a society may never agree on whether or not spaghetti tacos are actually tasty (I say “yes”), we can still agree on a few things, like the fact that the following meals are truly awful — no ifs, ands, or buts about it.
1. Drunk? You shouldn’t cook.
2. Welcome to Flavortown.
3. What a way to celebrate your birthday.
4. I’ll never look at hot dogs the same way again.
5. But… why?
6. Only God can judge you now.
7. It’s cat food, right?
9. Your boyfriend couldn’t be more right.
10. On a scale of 1-10, how high were you?
11. And I thought pineapple on pizza was bad.
12. You stop that right now.
13. Yes, you should. You don’t need that kind of negativity in your life.
14. Disappointed, but not surprised.
15. You okay there bud?
16. I’ll stick to bacon, thanks.
17. A 5 year old’s worst nightmare.